上海龙凤后花园

first_imgSource: Price Chopper. SCHENECTADY, NY (05/14/2009; 0800)(readMedia)– Price Chopper Supermarkets,Neil Golub, Price Chopper’s President and CEO will be joined by Jerry Golub, EVP & COO for the company, Tony Pomerleau, Pomerleau Real Estate, Al Voegele, Town Manager, Dick Paquette & Marc Landry, Selectmen, and other town officials to cut the ceremonial ribbon May 19 to officially open the new 24 hour Colchester store at Porters Point and Prim roads. The new location for Price Chopper represents an area in the Burlington market that will fill in a void in the company’s marketing coverage.last_img read more

first_imgJapan on Friday vowed to step up testing and containment efforts for the coronavirus after suffering its first death and the confirmation of new cases, including a doctor and a taxi driver.Japan’s health ministry said Thursday that a woman in her 80s living in Kanagawa prefecture, west of Tokyo, had died. She had been transferred between hospitals as her condition worsened and she was only confirmed to have had the coronavirus after her death.Her death brings to three the number of fatalities from the virus outside Mainland China, where the virus emerged in the city of Wuhan in December and some 1,367 people have died. One person has died in Hong Kong and one in the Philippines. There are nearly 450 confirmed cases in some 24 countries and territories outside China, with 33 in Japan and another 218 on a cruise ship quarantined at a Japanese port.A Tokyo taxi driver, who Japanese media said was the woman’s son-in-law, as well as a man in his 20s just east of Tokyo and a doctor in Wakayama, western Japan, were also confirmed to have the virus.”We will stay in touch with local governments and expand our testing procedures and treatment of patients in order to prevent the spread,” Prime Minister Shinzo Abe told reporters, a day after a task force on the disease drew up measures to deal with it, including spending 10.3 billion yen from budget reserves.Planners will also keep in close contact with Japan’s military, chief cabinet secretary Yoshihide Suga told a news conference, without giving details. Officials in Wakayama later said a man who had been hospitalized at the hospital where the doctor worked had tested positive for the virus, and that another three people were being observed.Both Suga and health minister Katsunobu Kato said there was no evidence the coronavirus, dubbed SARS-CoV-2, was spreading widely in Japan, although Kato said that it might, and the government needed prepare for that.The government would send a team of experts to Wakayama, though officials there said they thought hospital transmission was unlikely.Getting off the ship Unease about the virus in Japan is spreading on social media, with some skeptics saying the government’s response resembled its reaction to the 2011 Fukushima nuclear accident, when it took time for the true extent of the disaster to emerge.”All their comments then were ‘there’s no immediate danger to health’ now they’re saying ‘in an epidemiological sense’ it’s not spreading,” wrote one with the handle Kanzu.”They’re trying to misrepresent it all.”Separately, some passengers on the cruise ship Diamond Princess, which has been moored Yokohama, south of Tokyo, were set to start disembarking as early as Friday instead of waiting for the originally target date of Feb. 19.Elderly passengers who have medical conditions or are in windowless rooms can complete their quarantine onshore, Kato said.The ship was quarantined on arrival in Yokohama on Feb. 3 after a man who disembarked in Hong Kong was diagnosed with the virus.About 80% of the ship’s passengers are 60 years old or older, with 215 in their 80s and 11 in their 90s, according to media. The ship, managed by Princess Cruise Lines and owned by Miami-based Carnival Corp, typically has a crew of 1,100 and a passenger capacity of 2,670.Separately, about 200 Japanese who returned from Wuhan on a second plane chartered by the government tested negative and left quarantine on Friday. center_img Topics :last_img read more

first_img“Some of the (stranded) Antiqueñosclaimed that they did not know about the temporary closure while the otherstried to beat the temporary closure,” she added. “It is better to let them stay at theevacuation centers in Pandan first until such time that the EO will be lifted. Weare sure that they are in good physical condition,” Untaran said.(With a report from PNA/PN) Social worker at the PSWDO, CarlaButiong, said that 68 stranded Antiqueños at the Bawang Elementary School andthe Sta. Cruz Elementary School were provided with rice, corned beef, sardines,towel, and laundry soap as they are no longer permitted to go home to theirrespective hometowns. “They are Antiqueños who are eitherworking in Boracay or other parts of Aklan. They were no longer permitted to gohome because of the enhanced community quarantine,” Butiong said. Meanwhile, the PSWDO has coordinatedwith the respective municipalities of the stranded Antiqueños to provide foodsupplies to their constituents in the evacuation centers. SAN JOSE, Antique – Stranded Antiqueñosin evacuation centers in Pandan town have been provided with food and otheressential needs by the Antique provincial government through the ProvincialSocial Welfare and Development Office (PSWDO). The said Antiqueños were permitted to goout of Aklan but were stopped at the Antique border by the members of the Inter-AgencyTask Force for COVID-19 implementing the restriction. The borders closed were in the towns ofHamtic and Anini-y in the southern part of the province (Antique-Iloilo) andthe towns of Libertad and Pandan in the north (Antique-Iloilo) Stranded Antiqueños housing in schools in Pandan, Antique due to the enhanced community quarantine had been given food packs and other essential needs by the Antique provincial government through the Provincial Social Welfare and Development Office. PSWDO To recall, Gov. Rhodora Cadiao issuedExecutive Order (EO) No. 36 on March 22, which placed this province underenhanced community quarantine and closed its borders until March 31. San Jose mayor Elmer Untaran urged theother local government units in this province to help those stranded there.last_img read more

first_imgAlabama head coach Nick Saban is doused with Gatorade in the final seconds of the BCS National Championship college football game against Notre Dame in Miami. (AP Photo/Wilfredo Lee, File)  by Ralph D. RussoAP College Football WriterNEW YORK (AP) — Alabama will begin this season the way it ended the last two — No. 1.Nick Saban’s two-time defending national champions are top-ranked in The Associated Press preseason college football poll, with the Crimson Tide trying to become the first team to win three straight national titles.Much like the BCS championship game against Notre Dame, the vote was an Alabama landslide. The Tide received 58 of 60 first-place votes from the media panel Saturday to easily outdistance No. 2 Ohio State. Alabama matched Florida in 2009 for the highest percentage of first-place votes received in the 63-year history of the preseason rankings.The Buckeyes received one first-place vote.Oregon is No. 3, followed by Stanford and Georgia, which received the other first-place vote.Notre Dame, coming off a 42-14 loss in the BCS championship game to Alabama, is No. 14.Alabama won its record ninth AP national championship last season, third BCS title in the last four years under Saban, and became the first team to win back-to-back BCS championships.The Tide is AP preseason No. 1 for the fourth time, and first since 2010. Alabama was ranked No. 2 in the preseason poll each of the last two seasons. The only time has Alabama started and finished No. 1 was 1978, when Bear Bryant led the Crimson Tide to the fourth of its five national championships with him as coach.Now Saban’s Tide is trying to accomplish something Bear’s boys never could. Twice Alabama won back-to-back championships under Bryant, but couldn’t get the third.Saban is hoping senior stars such as quarterback AJ McCarron, linebacker C.J. Mosley, defensive end Ed Stinson and guard Anthony Steen have enough memories of what went wrong for the 2010 Alabama team to avoid it happening in 2013.“You’re in a position here where we have a lot of players that really haven’t lost much,” Saban said earlier this week. “They have to really want to be good for the sake of being good.Alabama is 49-5 over the past four seasons, with three of those losses coming in ’10.“Most other teams are out there saying we’ve got something to prove,” Saban said. “Well, this team has something to prove. It’s a lot more difficult not to be a little bit complacent, not to keep the same accountability to being successful that’s necessary. You’ve got to challenge yourself every day. You’ve got to challenge each other.”Since the poll started in 1936, 10 times has a school has won consecutive AP championships.The Tide’s task: complete the hat trick.Alabama will also be trying to run the Southeastern Conference’s streak of national championships to eight. For the second straight year, half the top 10 teams to start the season are from the SEC. Joining Alabama and Georgia are South Carolina at No. 6, Texas A&M at No. 7 and Florida at No. 10.The Tide and Aggies meet Sept. 14 in College Station, Texas. A&M and Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel handed Alabama its only loss last year. Whether Manziel will be eligible for the rematch remains in question while the NCAA investigates the Aggies’ quarterback. ESPN has reported Manziel is under investigation for being paid to sign autographs.No. 8 Clemson and No. 9 Louisville, led by two other Heisman-contender quarterbacks, round out the top 10. Tajh Boyd and Clemson take on Georgia at home in Week 1 and are the favorites to win the Atlantic Coast Conference. Teddy Bridgewater and the Cardinals are the heavy favorites to get back to the BCS for the second straight year out of the newly renamed American Athletic Conference.McCarron also makes most of the preseason Heisman contender lists. He passed for 2,933 yards and 30 touchdowns with only three interceptions last season. Now in his third season as a starter, McCarron is the face of the Tide.“Last year there were other people on the offense that had a lot of leadership qualities about them. So it really wasn’t quite as important for (McCarron) to always be that guy, even though his position lends itself to that,” Saban said. “I think that’s a role he can be very good at and it will be important for our team that he is good at it.”The second 10 in the preseason rankings starts with No. 11 Florida State. No. 12 LSU gives the SEC six teams in the rankings, more than any other conference. The Big Ten and Pac-12 both have five.The Big 12 has four teams ranked, all between Nos. 13-20, starting with Oklahoma State. Texas is No. 15, Oklahoma is No. 16 and TCU is No. 20.Michigan is No. 17 and Big Ten rival Nebraska is No. 18.Boise State is No. 19, the only team from a BCS non-automatic qualifying conference to make the preseason rankings.The final five are No. 21 UCLA from the Pac-12; No. 22 Northwestern and No. 23 Wisconsin from the Big Ten; last year’s preseason No. 1 Southern California is No. 24; and Oregon State from the Pac-12 at No. 25.last_img read more

first_imgBy Jay Cook |MIDDLETOWN – Plans to reconstruct what the county calls two “structurally deficient” and “functionally obsolete” bridges and culverts along one of Middletown’s oldest roadways are in the works, Freeholder Thomas A. Arnone said earlier this week.The two bridges both cross McClees Creek in the Chapel Hill section of Middletown. MT-18, a 19-foot-long bridge along Whipporwill Valley Road, and MT-19, a 9-foot-long bridge over Chapel Hill Road, are both small stone arch culverts in need of repair, Arnone said.After taking inventory of county-owned bridges, Arnone said it made sense on the county’s end to go ahead and look to begin the design phase. On Aug. 10, the Monmouth County Board of Chosen Freeholders granted a $269,121.38 contract to French & Parello Associates of Wall Township for design and engineering on the two reconstructions. French & Parello will provide interim reports quarterly to the freeholders. Once completed, the county will go out to bid for the construction phase of the project. The total cost of the project is not yet known.Arnone said the project is about a year to a year and a half away, but did provide a timeline on how construction will be laid out. In total, he said, the entire construction portion would span about 12 to 18 months, depending on assistance from the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection which will consider the impact to McClees Creek and its surrounding wetlands.The Whipporwill Valley Road bridge, MT-18, would be rebuilt first. That section could take between four to six months to complete, and the road would be closed from Chapel Hill Road to Bowne Road, except for local traffic.MT-19 is also anticipated to take about four to six months to complete. During construction, Chapel Hill Road would be closed from Sleepy Hollow Road to Kings Highway East, although local residents will have access at all times. A detour would send motorists down Sleepy Hollow Road to get around the construction area.Arnone said the two replacements would happen one after the other to lessen the impact on Middletown residents.“We all know that nobody likes this inconvenience, but the board has taken a real aggressive approach to upgrading our infrastructure,” he added.Locally, elected officials are welcoming the idea of infrastructure upgrades, especially in a dated section of town like Whipporwill Valley Road.“It’s very significant and is part of the charm of the area,” Mayor Gerry Scharfenberger said about the mile-and-a-half long unpaved road. “There’s a lot of people that like the novelty of having a road like that. It’s so historic.”These bridge and culvert replacements are just one of a few projects happening in Middletown now that are shoring up the township’s foundation.Last week, Monmouth County officials provided an update on the extensive Hubbard Avenue project, alongside Shadow Lake and River Plaza Elementary School.New Jersey Natural Gas Company is replacing an existing 6-inch steel gas distribution main with a new 8-inch plastic gas main, the release said. This replacement comes after American Water Company finished another project along the roadway.Scharfenberger said both Middletown and Monmouth County officials expect the Hubbard Avenue project to be completed by the time school begins next month. In addition to the utility work, a new crosswalk and roadway striping will be added near the elementary school. Hubbard Avenue will be completely repaved.“All of these things, I think, are necessary,” Scharfenberger said. “They’re a bit disruptive, but it’s really good to see this happening.”This article was first published in the Aug. 17-24, 2017 print edition of The Two River Times.last_img read more

first_imgJOCKEY QUOTES TRAINER QUOTES ABEL LEZCANO, NANCY FROM NAIROBI, WINNER: “The turf was soft, so it basically fit her, she likes that. I just had my hands down on her and I waited, waited…In the stretch, I had no traffic, I was on the outside and I was in the clear, no complaints, no nothing.” KOSTA HRONIS, OWNER, NANCY FROM NAIROBI, WINNER: “She really loves this course here at Santa Anita and she loves the (distance of a) mile.”NOTES: Winning owners Kosta and Peter Hronis are from Delano, CA. JOHN SADLER, NANCY FROM NAIROBI, WINNER: “When I scratched her from the Santa Ana (March 26), she didn’t really miss much time. She just had of touch of colic a few days before the race, just enough, you know with a good horse, you don’t want to take a chance. So, we scratched her and it was hard because it was a really tempting spot and I really wanted to be in there.“The Gamely will be next. My other mare, Elektrum ran well too, went through traffic and came flying to be fifth. So we should have two for the Gamely, although we might try to separate them.”last_img read more

first_img Mr. Holness said that the illicit arms trade is inextricably linked to organised crime and corruption across the region and is creating serious challenges to development. Story Highlights Prime Minister, the Most Hon. Andrew Holness, is urging the Organization of American (OAS) to continue to strengthen its support for member states to combat the illicit trade in small arms and light weapons.center_img Prime Minister, the Most Hon. Andrew Holness, is urging the Organization of American (OAS) to continue to strengthen its support for member states to combat the illicit trade in small arms and light weapons.Mr. Holness said that the illicit arms trade is inextricably linked to organised crime and corruption across the region and is creating serious challenges to development.“We have made tremendous strides as a nation in our fight against illegal weapons. I take this opportunity to urge the OAS to continue to strengthen its support for member states to combat this illicit trade, which threatens the very fabric of our societies. It is rapidly leading to the destruction of the many gains made by the countries of the Americas,” he said.Prime Minister Holness was speaking at the organisation’s Protocolary Session in Washington DC, on Tuesday (November 27).He saluted the role of the OAS in the Summit of the Americas process, through the promotion of meaningful dialogue on important issues affecting the region.He noted that this year’s theme, ‘Democratic Governance against Corruption’, “was indeed most fitting, especially against the backdrop of the magnitude of this scourge that confronts our countries, posing a serious threat to the rule of law and social order”{.Mr. Holness informed that in 2017, Jamaica attained its highest ever ranking and score, over the past decade, in the Corruption Perception Index of Transparency International, “making our country on par with the Americas in that regard”.Turning to the commemoration of the 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights on December 10, the Prime Minister said human rights is a core pillar of the OAS and one which Jamaica strongly supports, having played a crucial role in the development of these rights.“I believe that a hemispheric culture anchored in human rights will undoubtedly lead to a stronger Americas, providing a solid platform for economic growth, security and stability for all throughout the hemisphere,” he said.“We must begin, as a region, to take the bold steps necessary to change the past and open the doors to a brighter future for the nearly one billion people who look to us for guidance and direction,” he said.last_img read more