“We’ll hold Ilham Aliyev personally responsible if anything happens to this blogger in France” RSF says News News June 8, 2021 Find out more AzerbaijanEurope – Central Asia Organisation News to go further Reporters Without Borders today gave a cautious welcome to a decision by the National Radio and Television Council (NTRC) provisionally lifting a ban on the privately-owned television station ANS TV, which resumed broadcasting today. It was also announced that two independent newspapers, Realni Azerbaidjan and Daily Azerbaijan, will be able to resume publishing in January.Local retransmission of the BBC, Radio Free Europe and Voice of America will also resume, they will broadcast on 101.7 FM. But ANS TV could be forced off the air again in February if the government reassigns its frequencies.“We hail these encouraging developments, which are the result of international pressure on the Azeri government, but we fear that these concessions are just a temporary ploy by the government to appease its critics, and that a new crackdown could follow,” Reporters Without Borders said.A NTRC statement said that “thanks to the president’s goodwill,” ANS TV was authorised to broadcast until February, when it would be known who had been granted its frequencies, which were put up for bid. “If another media wins, ANS TV will be closed down again,” the NTRC said. ANS TV was ordered to stop broadcasting on 24 November when its licence expired.Meanwhile, Rafiq Taghi of the fortnightly Sanat (“Industry”) and his editor, Samir Sadaght Oughlo, were charged yesterday with “inciting racial hatred” under article 283 of the criminal code over an article entitled “Europe and Us” in which Taghi argued that European values were superior to Muslim ones. They are being held pending trial. An Iranian ayatollah issued a fatwa on 25 November calling for them to be killed because of the article. Help by sharing this information December 12, 2006 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Restrictions provisionally lifted for independent media, but their future still in doubt News RSF_en June 4, 2021 Find out more RSF calls for a fully transparent investigation after mine kills two journalists in Azerbaijan Russian peacekeepers deny foreign reporters access to Nagorno-Karabakh Receive email alerts AzerbaijanEurope – Central Asia Follow the news on Azerbaijan April 9, 2021 Find out more
BACOLOD City – Despite the healththreat posed by the COVID-19 virus, 220 couples here will exchange “I dos” inan afternoon mass wedding on Feb. 20 set by the city government. The virus can cause pneumonia. Thosewho have fallen ill are reported to suffer coughs, fever and breathingdifficulties. The wedding venue is the Bacolod CityGovernment Center, according to Mayor Evelio Leonardia who recently soughtguidance from Dr. Marlyn Convocar of the Department of Health (DOH). Like other coronaviruses, itoriginated in animals and then migrated to humans. Many of those initiallyinfected either worked or frequently shopped in the Huanan seafood wholesalemarket in the center of the city, which also sold live and newly slaughteredanimals. If there were additional or new precautionarymeasures that the Bacolod City government needed to know and implementparticularly during the mass wedding, the mayor told Convocar, “We willappreciate receiving your official advice, guidance and recommendationssoonest.” There is as yet no medicines orvaccines against this new coronavirus./PN In severe cases there can be organfailure. In an advisory released recently, DOHRegion 6 stated, “With the ongoing threat of the spread of the COVID-19 we arestrongly urging the public to avoid attending, participating in, and organizingevents that draw a huge number of attendees, and thus recommending the cancellationof such planned big events or mass gatherings until further advise.” “Through your regular updates on the COVID-19status in the region and the vigilant measures undertaken by our Bacolod CityInter-Agency Task Force Against COVID-19, we feel confident that we areproperly addressing this health emergency,” Leonardia added. He assured Convocar “we (will) takeinto account and diligently implement…preventive measures against COVID-19.” COVID-19 was first encountered inWuhan, China in December 2019. China’s national health commission hasconfirmed human-to-human transmission of the virus.
New Delhi: Anup Kumar, one of the most impactful kabaddi players the country has seen, on Wednesday announced his retirement with immediate effect, drawing curtains to an illustrious 15-year career. A veteran in the sport, Arjuna awardee Anup began his international career in 2006 at the South Asian Games in Sri Lanka. He led India to gold medal at the Asian Games and was also part of the team which repeated the feat in the 2014 edition.The 35-year-old had also led India to memorable Kabaddi World Cup title triumph in 2016. In season 2 of the Pro Kabaddi League, Anup captained U Mumba and led the team to victory.“When I started playing kabaddi, it was a great hobby and over the years a hobby became the most important part of my life. The day I took to playing kabaddi professionally, I had one dream, to represent my country and bring back a gold medal,” Anup said.Also Read | IPL 2019 Auction: Say hello to these ‘unknown’ millionaires“I am one of the few lucky people who had the opportunity to accomplish the most important dream of my life. Today, with the Pro Kabaddi League, the magnitude of the sport has grown by leaps and bounds and I could not be happier than to watch and grow and be a part of this journey.“Coincidentally, today is also the 10th birthday of my son, and that makes this date even more memorable. Going forward, if there is anything I am confident about, it is knowing that I will always want to be connected to the sport,” he added.Reacting to the announcement, Pro Kabaddi League Commissioner Anupam Goswami, said, “This is a great decision by a great player from a great stage of kabaddi. Anup has been a senior player and a role model athlete for this sport. We totally respect his decision.”Also Read | PUBG Mobile 0.10.0 update now live, know new features and moreRonnie Screwvala, team owner U Mumba, said, “When I heard of Anup Kumar’s retirement, I have to say it didn’t surprise me because he is one of the smartest and intelligent players in Kabaddi. He gets his sense of timing on the field and I think he gets his timing when he is looking at his own career off the field as well’’. For all the Latest Sports News News, Other Sports News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
Advertisement vrm07NBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs43tWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Eu5y( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) m1an1Would you ever consider trying this?😱67aCan your students do this? 🌚Roller skating! Powered by Firework Once again the nation is gripped in fear after the brutal attack on Priyanka Reddy and wrestling champion Sushil Kumar has something to say about the heinous crime,“ Whatever happened to the Hyderabad victim is brutal, and the accused should be punished. I’m saddened by the incident and want authorities to take strict action.”Advertisement The victim was returning home when her bike’s tires were punctured, and she was raped. The criminals burnt her alive to destroy the evidence. Later her charred body was found at Shadnagar on Thursday.He also added how everyone in the society should join hands to keep the perpetrators from committing such brutalities.Advertisement “There is a need for change in the mindset of society. The laws are getting strict day by day. Society has to be helpful and aware to curb these incidents.”The Olympic medalist also gave his two cents about the implementation of Sports Code in India. He opined how implementing sports code in China helped them expand their potential and give tough competition to the sports giants, Russia and the USA. He believes the same can be done for promoting sports in India. Advertisement An expert committee was appointed by the Ministry for Youth Affairs and Sports to review the National Sports Code. Advertisement